1. 15min 13.4 tech work/weakness training
Clean & Jerk: We highly recommend that EVERYONE, even you strong, beastly mo-fo’s, use a Power Clean/Push Jerk technique throughout this ENTRIE workout. Take the early sets (3 and 6) when you’re fresh to “grease the groove” for the rest of the workout. Your score will not be determined by how fast you get through 3 and 6, it will be determined by how few sets you can do 9,12 and 15 in. This is a fairly short workout, so there is no time for long rest breaks. You should try to start every round of C&J’s with a set of 2-4. From there do what you can, even if its singles. Just be sure to keep your rest breaks short. Practice keeping your hook grip on the entire time during your reps…grip is going to fatigue fast during this workout and the hook grip will save you.
T2B: Use your kip and be smart. If you get fatigued and start swinging around like a monkey, drop from the bar and reset. It takes too much time and energy to hang on and try to fix it on the bar. Have a goal in mind on how you want to attack each round of these. Just like the C&J’s, its okay to break these up into small sets, just limit your rest time.
Transitions: Plan out your transitions from the C&J’s to the T2B and vise versa, and stick to it. When you’re walking from one to the other have a countdown in your head to when you’re going to put your hands on the bar (it may be something like: 3…breathe…2…breathe…1…GO).
Overall: Like stated before, this is a short-ish workout. There is no time for long breaks or missed reps (especially on the C&J). Focus on breathing throughout the workout…if you continually go to metabolic failure on each set your rest times are going to increase. This is definitely a pain threshold workout, the ones who can hold on when the pain increases are the ones who will have the highest scores. Good Luck!
2. 3 sets
:60 Box jump (low height)
:60 Double unders
*competitors :30 work :60 rest
*Post results to comments
LOCKERS: Please remove all of your belongings from the lockers by Friday at 3pm. If there is anything left in the lockers we will set it on fire…just kidding, but please get your stuff out so we can move them.
- This is our last week at 2181! Starting next Monday classes will be held at 2255 (right across the parking lot).
- On Saturday immediately following the final heat we will begin tearing down and moving to 2255. Anyone who is interested in hanging around and lending a hand is more than welcome and would be greatly appreciated. Especially if you drive a pick-up!
- There is NO INTRO CLASS THIS SATURDAY.
- We will be CLOSED on Easter Sunday. This means, if you aren’t able to do the Open WOD on Saturday, you MUST schedule to have it done on Thursday. If Thursday doesn’t work for you please talk to us about a different time.
“It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
CrossFit Open 13.4 Tips and Advice