MAY ATHLETE OF THE MONTH 2013
1. Name, age, occupation, city? Stephanie Riley, 24, Health & Physical Education Teacher, Sterling Heights
2. Start date at CrossFit Reviver? February 2012
3. Athletic background? Basketball, Softball, Volleyball and Soccer
4. Favorite and least favorite WOD / movement? Favorite movement: Squat Clean. Least Favorite movement: Thrusters. Least Favorite WOD: Whitman Hero WOD (only WOD where I ever felt like giving up).
5. Greatest accomplishment? Personal, professional and fitness related? Personal: Graduating college. Professional: Improving specific sports skills & the 5 fitness components of a student population. Fitness: Kipping Pull Ups!
6. Has CFR made you better? If so, how? Crossfit has improved my overall health, physically & mentally. I’m the strongest I’ve ever been. Ever since the Paleo Challenge my eating habits have changed completely & I’ve been consistently losing weight. I now live a healthy lifestyle. Also, I’ve grown as an educator with the knowledge & skills I’ve gained from CrossFit. I’ve found new ways to inspire & motivate people to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
7. What are your hobbies? Spending time with my friends & family, whooping a** in euchre, & watching football
8. Top 5 favorite movies? AND TV SERIES!! Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, A League of Their Own, Bridesmaids-anything with Julia Roberts & Ryan Gosling
9. What is one thing we don’t know about you? I have a minor in American Sign Language
10. What are your goals in life? Personal, professional and fitness related? Personal: Write a series of children books on behaviors & etiquette, have a flat & toned stomach!! Professional: Obtain my Masters in Public Health & become a community health educator. Fitness: Beat Nikki Mac in anything fitness related 😉