By: Kate Sassak
I talked to Jeremy and Vince for the first time about a year ago. I’d applied for the office manager position at CFR while on vacation and when J called to schedule an interview, I was in Zion National Park, actively engaged in bribing a guard to let Todd and I pass a “road closed” sign so we could hike The Subway.
I think I hollered something like “I’m walking into a canyon, can I call you back?”
I was a little surprised that they hired me after that. But they did! And almost exactly a year later – today is my last day as your friendly CFR office manager.
I won’t be going far (just down the road to join the Aleva crew!) and I’ll be back to work out and do the whiteboard in the lobby.
I think we can all agree that it’s best if Jeremy and Vince never touch it again.
Here are some of the many, many things I learned during the last year.
- It is possible to wake up at 4:45am to work out.
- A big booty is a healthy booty.
- Developing discipline is about making a choice and grinding it out. Making the decision to change is easy – making change a habit is when good stuff starts to happen.
- The words you say shape the way you think. (Thanks for giving me that to chew on, Vince.)
- You can do anything you want to. If you’re not doing something you want, then you probably don’t really want it. Don’t make excuses.
- Burpees are easier if you don’t try to ease the fall.
- I hate burpees.
- I love the community I’ve found and friends I’ve made at Reviver.
Thank you to Jeremy and Vince and Sammie and Sara and every single one of our members for making this last year such a time of growth for me.
I’ll see you all in class!