By: Coach Sammie
Creating healthy meals can be a challenge. So why not take everyone’s favorite way of eating chicken (breaded and fried) and make it a healthy, guilt free, yummy version that the whole family can enjoy. Here is one of the MANY paleo style chicken recipes out there. This one I found on paleocrashcourse.com
Paleo Fried Chicken
Easy 4 ingredient recipe for mouthwatering Paleo Fried chicken. This is a great substitute for standard breaded chicken strips that you can enjoy with your family and feel good feeding them a healthy meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Ingredientts (serves 2:)
- 250 g (9oz) Chicken Breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- Coconut oil (or another paleo friendly oil)
*** Seasoning (1 tsp. paprika, ¼ tsp. thyme, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper)
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces
- Crack eggs into a bowl
- In another bowl, mix together almond flour and seasoning
- Dip each piece of chicken into egg bowl and then into almond flour bowl
- In a pan over medium heat, add coconut oil
- Once the oil is heated, add the coated chicken
- Cook for 5-0 minutes on each side
- Once golden brown and cooked all the way through, remove chicken from pan
- Serve and enjoy!
** Try this chicken in salad or with a side of sweet potato fries!
Nutritional Information (keep in mind this is an estimate and will vary depending on the type of ingredients used)