How do I sign up for class?
There are two ways to sign up for classes:
- ZenPlanner mobile app (available for Android or Apple)
- download the app
- open the app and sign in using your email and password (you should have received this information in an email after you first signed up for On Ramp, if you don’t have it, please contact us.)
- from the calendar view, select the day of the week you’d like to attend a class (calendar view is represented by a calendar icon in the upper right hand corner)
- look through the list of classes for that day and press the star icon on the right side of that class
- view your list of reserved classes under the “reservations” tab
- Remember! Reservations CANNOT be cancelled within two hours of the class start time.
- go to crossfitreviver.com
- click on “Schedule”
- use the calendar to find the class you want to sign up for
- click on the class
- sign in with your email and password (you should have received this in an email after you first signed up for On Ramp, if you don’t have it, please contact us)
- once you’re signed in, you will see the class name, date and time. On the right hand of the screen, you will see a blue “reserve” button.
- Click “reserve” and you’re all set!
What should I know/bring to my first class?
Bring a water bottle! Arrive 10 minutes before the start of class, whenever possible. Ask questions! We love questions because they help us learn what you need and tell us when we need to work on making our explanations clearer. Speak up if something hurts of is uncomfortable. Track your workouts! Use a mobile app or notebook.
How do I login into the website?
- Go to crossfitreviver.com
- click “log in” in the upper right hand corner
How far in advance can I sign up for class?
You can sign up for classes one week in advance.
How do I cancel a class I’m signed up for?
- Log in to the website or Zen Planner app
- view your reservations
- click on the reservation you want to cancel
- click “cancel reservation”
Can my friend drop in to try a class?
If they have CrossFit experience, Yes! Your friend’s first visit is free but since we cap our classes at 12, please make sure to call us and RSVP for them. If they do not have CrossFit experience they are more than welcome to come watch a class to see what all the rage is about. Don’t forget about our BYOB workouts (Bring Your Own Buddy) – be on the lookout for these as they are a great time to bring friends / family to try us out!
What is open gym?
Open Gym is a time when members can come to the gym and work on mobility, a skill of their choice, or workout at their own pace. There is no class happening during Open Gym, but there is a coach on the floor.
Do I have to be in shape to do CrossFit?
Helping you get fit is our job! We use a physical assessment to determine what your needs and goals are. Attending On-Ramp will teach you everything you need to know about the movements we use and will help us determine what (if any) modifications to movements you’ll need to start out with.
I’m female. Will I get bulky doing CrossFit?
No, you will not get bulky. Women who are “bulky” (we call it “defined”) train and eat specifically to do that. If you’re unhappy with the level of definition you’re seeing in your muscles, come talk to the coaches and we can adjust your program so that you can feel comfortable.
Do you offer anything other than CrossFit classes?
Will I get hurt if I do CrossFit?
Anytime you do a physical activity, you run a small risk of injury. That said, we do a number of things to ensure you’ll stay healthy and mobile.
- we consult with each member to go over any limitations or old injuries you might have
- we do a physical assessment with each member to gauge their level of mobility
- every new member takes our On Ramp class to learn the proper mechanics of movements
- we focus on the important of mechanics over intensity at all times. a sloppy rep isn’t a rep! correct form is essential to strength gains and safety
- we offer individual programs
CrossFit intimidates me. Should I be nervous to start?
Trying something new can be scary, but you shouldn’t be any more nervous to start CrossFit than any other exercise program. CrossFit Reviver is a kind, close-knit community of people just like you. We love welcoming new members!
I’ve never lifted weights before. Can I do CrossFit?
Yes, you can! On Ramp class teaches you everything you need to know about the movements we use in CrossFit, including the names and mechanics of weightlifting movements.
Why is it so expensive?
Personal training at big-box gyms runs upward of 70$/hour. At CFR, we cap attendance for our group classes at 12 people. We provide equipment, custom programming and individualized attention from coaches that works out to around 7-12$ per hour. All you need to do is show up.