Athlete of the Month, February 2013
1. Name, Age, Occupation, City Megan Thomas (MT), 26, High School Math Teacher/Coach, Rochester Hill
2. Start date at CrossFit Reviver? August 2011…the beginning J
3. Athletic background? I played soccer, did dance team, and in high school I ran cross country and track. I ran track for three years and scored a grand total of ONE point. You guys think I’m decent at running, I’m really not, I just LOVE it!
4. Favorite and least favorite WOD / movement? Favorite: Box jumps. Least favorite: Inch worms…seriously
5. Greatest accomplishment? Completing my first triathlon last summer. It was the hardest thing that I have ever done.
6. Has CFR made you better? If so, how? I remember looking at pictures and videos of coach J on his FB when he was at NWA and first thinking how BA he was and then thinking how awesome Crossfit seemed. Before they opened the gym the guys asked if it was something that I would be interested in. I thought was I in pretty good shape with running and biking but this would be a whole new challenge, sure why not! Sometimes it surprises me and scares me how much Crossfit means to me and how much Reviver has changed the way I eat, think, and move but I can’t picture going back to the way I was before CFR.
7. What are your hobbies? Running, biking, camping, and playing any kind of game with friends
8. Top 5 favorite movies? Wedding Crashers, Planes Trains and Automobiles, Pride and Prejudice, Crash, Shawshank Redemption
9. What is one thing we don’t know about you? I am unable to sit Indian style aka criss cross applesauce.
10. What are your goals in life? And/or at CFR? My goal at work is be a positive and encouraging role model for my students and athletes which isn’t always easy. My goal at CFR is also to be positive and encouraging but more importantly to beat YOU!
Recent milestones for me: Pogo 20” box, one toes to bar, kipping handstand pushups.