Athlete of the Month, March 2013
1. Name, age, occupation, city? Justin Hill, 24-25 (March birthday), Classification Analyst
2. Start date at CrossFit Reviver? Mid-April 2012
3. Athletic background? Grew up playing baseball and soccer. Played football and wrestled my first two years of high school. I started running last summer.
4. Favorite and least favorite WOD / movement? I like rowing and wall balls. There are very few movements that I don’t like, but man-makers and snatches are up there.
5. Greatest accomplishment? I’ll keep this CrossFit related. I’d have to say winning the Nutrition Challenge. My heaviest weight ever was around 335#, so weighing in at the end of the Challenge at 234# was a big deal for me.
6. Has CFR made you better? If so, how? Absolutely. I feel faster and stronger than I ever have. If someone told me five years ago that I would voluntarily workout every day and actually enjoy it, I would have told them they were crazy. The things you learn about yourself with CrossFit are incredible.
7. What are your hobbies? I like to hunt, fish, shoot, go to baseball games, and drink good beer.
8. Top 5 favorite movies? I like the Saw, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings franchises. Avatar is also up there.
9. What is one thing we don’t know about you? There’s only one thing? I have two younger sisters and two dogs.
10. What are your goals in life? And/or at CFR? I want to start doing CrossFit competitions at some point. I also plan on completing a half-marathon, Warrior Dash, and Tough Mudder.