A 5 Minute Meal for Great Long Lasting Energy
By: Coach Sammie
How many of you are short for time in the morning? Have you ever skipped breakfast because of it? Or bought an unhealthy but quick meal from a fast food restaurant or gas station?
I’ll take your silence as a “YES."
It can be difficult to find extra time in the morning to cook a healthy breakfast. Sometimes we are able to wake up that 10 or 15 minutes earlier, but most mornings that extra few minutes of sleep takes priority.
Breakfast is known as the most important meal of the day. A full, healthy breakfast helps kick start your metabolism, prep your gut for proper digestion, fuel those oh-so-important brain cells, and give you great, long lasting energy. Those all seem like pretty amazing side effects if you ask me.
Although you probably already know the importance of eating breakfast, that might not be enough to motivate you to get up earlier to prep for it. Luckily, I have a solution for you!
This quick and easy recipe creates a healthy well-balanced meal with ZERO prep time in the morning!
It takes about 5 minutes, includes only about 5 ingredients (depending on what you want to put in it), and can be put together while you are cooking your dinner or getting ready for bed.
What you’ll need:
- Container (mason jar, tupperware, something with a lid)
- ½ cup Dry Oats (roasted, gluten free, or steel cut.. what ever you prefer)
- 1 serving of Protein source (I’ve used 100g plain greek yogurt or 1 scoop whey protein powder… both turn out yummy)
- ½ cup Milk (I like unsweetened almond or coconut milk)
- Top it off with your favorite add-ons such as fruit, nuts, cinnamon, etc
How you make it:
- Pour all of your ingredients into your container
- Stir (or shake) it all together
- Put in the refrigerator overnight
- In the morning, open the fridge, grab a spoon, and DIG IN!
It’s that easy! Have you tried overnight oats? What’s your favorite, easy breakfast?